Mission & Values
Rooted in Catholic Felician Franciscan tradition, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart High School educates and transforms each student for a life of exceptional Christian leadership, stewardship, and service to all.
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart High School is committed to providing an education that is accessible, relevant, rigorous, and transformative, and maintaining a nurturing learning environment firmly rooted the Catholic faith and Felician-Franciscan tradition. OLSH endeavors to cultivate the intellect and personal faith of each of our students, in order for them to become exceptional leaders, faithful citizens, and active models of Christian values.
Felician Core Values
- Respect for human dignity - Our reverence for and commitment to promoting and protecting the dignity of persons
"Preserve among yourselves a unity, peace, love and kindness. Practice toward one another gentleness, understanding and cooperation." --Blessed Mary Angela
- Compassion - An empathetic consciousness of others expressed in caring service
"It is important that we are there for one another, bearing one another's burdens." -- Blessed Mary Angela
- Transformation - The process that encourages an open mind and heart, leading to continuous improvement of the person and ministry
"Life is change. New life happens when we are open to being changed and transformed."
- Solidarity with the Poor - Ensuring the needs of the poor and vulnerable are met through advocacy and action
Mother Angela gathered children...orphans and the elderly who seemed to be alone and neglected. She gained their confidence and discovered their life stories. The children received an education and the needy learned handicrafts.
- Justice and Peace - Forging right relationships, re-creating a sustainable environment, promoting the common good, all in the pursuit of peace
"A community spirit does not just happen of itself. It flows from people who share a common tradition and strive for a common goal outside themselves." -- Blessed Mary Angela