As part of our continued commitment to ensure that an OLSH education is accessible to families in our region, regardless of their individual financial circumstances, OLSH offers tuition assistance on a funding-available basis for families who demonstrate need. The financial aid resources available to qualifying families at OLSH each year are derived from multiple sources, including individual donors who give gifts through our Invest to Transform program; companies that earn tax credits by giving through Pennsylvania’s EITC and OSTC programs; subsidies from the Felician Sisters and other groups; and monies made available through endowed and other scholarship programs. When families apply for financial aid by utilizing the FACTS tuition management system, they are considered for all monies, from all sources, for which they qualify.
OLSH Scholarship & Tuition Assistance Info Night - January 24, 2017
On Tuesday, January 24, OLSH hosted an information session regarding OLSH scholarship opportunities and other forms of tuition assistance. To download the slides from the presentation, please use the link below. If you missed this event, but would like more information, please call the Admissions Office to set up a private meeting.
- OLSH Scholarship & Tuition Assistance Info Night Presentation (218.55 KB)
Click here to download a printable version of the slides from the OLSH Scholarship & Tuition Assistance Info Night presentation.
OLSH Tuition (2016-2017)
|Tuition Rate||AAC Fee|
|2nd Child||$9,300||maximum AAC fee per family is $750|
|3rd Child||Contact Business Office||maximum AAC fee per family is $750.|
Angela Activities Center (AAC) Fee
The AAC Fee is assessed to every student at our school and was created in order to help cover the costs of operating and maintaining the Angela Activities Center, where OLSH students learn, study, compete, practice, eat, socialize, and relax.
While the AAC facility provides a wide range of benefits to OLSH student athletes, it also hosts our phys ed classes as well as our wellness/conditioning initiative, led by Mr. Kris Karagory, and serves as a site for OLSH dances, the annual pre-Prom Grand March, commencement exercises and other special events.
OLSH Tuition Assistance
OLSH Tuition Assistance for 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
Applications due March 15, 2017
All applications for OLSH Tuition Assistance are due Tuesday, March 15, 2017 and are only accepted online through FACTS Tuition Management System. To apply for OLSH Tuition Assistance via FACTS:
- Access the OLSH Tuition Assistance Application via the FACTS graduation cap logo above or by clicking here.
- Once you access FACTS Tuition Management, you will be prompted to create a new account and create a username and password. (Please make sure you keep track of your username and password for future reference.)
- Under “FACTS Grant & Aid”, you will see “Apply for Financial Aid with FACTS”. Click on the “Start Application” button.
- Complete the application and pay the $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Be sure to complete and submit your 2016 taxes as soon as possible to finalize your application.
OLSH offers a variety of scholarships to incoming and current students. For more information, please see our Scholarships page
Other Sources of Scholarships & Tuition Assistance
Diocesan Bishop's Education Fund: Application due March 31, 2017
A limited pool of tuition assistance is available through the Diocese of Pittsbugh's program known as BEF (Bishop's Education Fund), and is independent of the OLSH tuition assistance program. The Diocese of Pittsburgh's Bishop's Education Fund (BEF) monies are available for families applying to OLSH. To apply for the Bishop's Education Fund:
- Complete the OLSH Tuition Assistance application on FACTS, indicating that you would like to apply for BEF.
- Click the link below to download and print the Pastor Signature Sheet.
- Upload the signed Pastor Signature Sheet to FACTS, along with your supporting tax documents (ie. 2016 tax returns, etc.) within the OLSH FACTS application.
- BEF Pastor Signature Sheet
Click here to download a Pastor Signature Sheet for the BEF application.
Additional aid may be available through other local non-profit organizations including the Knights of Columbus, Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania, The Crossroads Foundation, The Kyle B. Wilson Foundation, and the The Poise Foundation. For more information on these programs please visit their websites.
The following is a brief list of upcoming deadlines for some outside sources of aid. Please note that additional scholarships may be available through other organizations such as your parish, parochial school, local Knights of Columbus, and others.
Junior Achievement Scholarships - Due April 21, 2017 (must qualify based on EITC-eligible income levels)
Poise Foundation Scholarship - Due April 28, 2017
Kyle B. Wilson Scholarship Fund - Due June 30, 2017
FACTS Tuition Management Program
Enrollment in the FACTS tuition management program is required for all OLSH families, and is being made available at no additional cost. FACTS Tuition Management program delivers a variety of services to our families, including:
- 24/7 online access to your OLSH tuition account
- multiple payment plan alternatives
- secure credit card transactions
Learn more about how to enroll in this program by visiting our FACTS Tuition Management Plan page.
Please continue to contact the OLSH business office for questions or concerns regarding your tuition payment plan for this current school year (2016-2017) or with changes in financial or employment status.